Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Random Musings 1

• I find talking about money very very bad manners and in very poor taste. Only with very very very close friends will I reveal the cost of anything and even then, it is usually a ball park figure. I don’t talk about pay checks or anything. In relationships, it is even worse. I will not take cash from a lover/partner and I don’t discuss how much he earns or how much I earn. It makes me very very uncomfortable
• I derive pleasure – true pleasure from giving. If I am not giving money away, I am giving unsolicited, surprise gifts. I talk to a friend and she says she has heard about some book, I get it. A friend of mine is a sweet tooth so every time I see her, I have some form of candy with me. An ex-colleague who traumatized me where I used to work had his first child. A girl. Almost like I had no sense, I bought something for his daughter and sent it off. I get such a thrill from seeing people’s faces when they get something unexpected
• I need to understand the concept of false nails on toes. I am really and truly confused by this. On the hands I get. But when I am at the salon and I see the glue coming out and then the false nail being fixed onto a toe, I am just gobsmacked. I don’t understand it
• Is it right to be obsessed with your own feet? Cos I am. I love my feet so so much

4 comments:

LondonBuki said...

oooohhh I wish I had feet that were pretty enough to be loved by me! I love pretty feet, and no I don't fancy women... lol! I am working on my feet this year... seriously.

Why anyone would put fake toenails on is beyond me! Toenails aren't meant to be longer than average... imagine stubbing your toe and then the fake nail takes the full impact, then your real nail comes off with it and ouch!

Hope you are good.

Naija Vixen said...

Ooooh unexpected gifts...can i be your friend? Lol...i also dont get fake nails on toes -- wearing shoes have got to be uncomfortable as hell!

Jinta said...

ha, uzo, i heard about a car...

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of being a feet fetish. Uzo, you are very much WELCOME.