Monday, March 17, 2008

Dirty Business

I have always disliked bathrooms. Sure mine is cute and pink and full of all the indulgent products i love so much. BUT its still a bathroom and a lot of nastiness happens in there. Number 1, Number 2, brushing teeth, spitting, tissue paper and all that yuckiness.

I hardly spend too much time in my bathroom. Even when i have had a rough day, i wont lounge in the bath. I would rather get it over with and then take my time moisturizing, cleansing, dabbing, painting my toe nails in my room and definitely out of the bathroom.

I dont even like hearing about bathroom business. Some people i know are very comfortable with taking me (on the phone) into the bathroom. One minute you are talking about something, the next you hear the trickle of water and even the toilet flushing (the horror of it). Or even talking about it. Telling me they will call me back cos they have to go to the bathroom. Tell me you will call me back - no need to tell me why....

Anyway, at my new job, there is a revolution of sorts here. I shudder just writing this.

People announce they are going to the bathroom. One guy even has a schedule. At 3 ish, he heads to the bathroom and people hail him for going to do his business. People carry newspapers into the bathroom which is an announcement that some nastiness is going to happen. I nearly passed out the other day when some guy went round the whole office looking for something to read. I guess he had no luck because the next thing i knew, he was carrying his laptop into the bathroom, telling me he was going to watch a movie.

This is so weird to me. I hate bathrooms. When people come out of bathrooms, i try not to go near them for a while until the air around them is clean...People have nasty manners and there is no telling if they washed their hands and what else they got up to there.

I hate bathrooms......

15 comments:

Naija Vixen said...

On a sidenote,I am liking your randomness...;-) Lol @ dude taking his laptop to the bathroom, how long is he planning to stay there for????

Jinta said...

sorry, but i must tell you that i do most of my casual reading and certainly most of my unofficial phonecalls in the bathroom, its the only time i have to spare during the day.

i take it you will not allow me to telephone you?

O'Dee said...

U definitely hate bathrooms.
I like my bathroom, dts as long as I dnt av 2 share it with any1.

♥♫♪nyemoni♫♪♥ said...

LOL..How I love my bathroom...I spend quite a lotta time there!

Ayomipo Matthew Edinger said...

life is beautiful once more, uzo bloggeth on....

oh uzo, don't hate bathrooms....thats where inventions are born...lol...

Anonymous said...

lmao... i swear i thought i was the only one.. i think i have even conditioned by brain self that i dont go to the bathroom often.. i swear... my friends think im not normal... im not a fan at alllll.. i dont even like to talk inside self... talkless of taking a book to read.. laptop.. na really wire!

Hair Azara said...

lol ur funny. I love it.

Check out my blog:

www.hairbyazara.blogspot.com

Zayzee said...

nothing wrong wt reading in the bathroom. wait! bathroom or on the toilet bowl.

I know a number of people who do that.

Ms. May said...

Uzo.......so completely unrelated but I need to ask you a couple of questions and seek your wisdom so please please send me your email. Mine is chicafricana@gmail.com.

Jennifer A. said...

LOLLLLLL....

First, Uzo...I'm very happy at ur new blog as an outlet (yayyyy...*wink*).

Anyways, I love bathrooms only when they're CUTE. Like ur pink coded bathroom for instance is my kind of style...and it must have rose petals and a very lovely smell...then I can then carry in a novel and stare at the mirror for some minutes...(if a bathroom is nasty, u won't find me in there...not even for a split second).

As for people carrying u in their bathrooms when u're on the phone...lol. (u have to be free with someone to do that tho, it may be fun...actually it is...lol...let me stop here).

Anonymous said...

LOLLLLL!!!! Laptop to the bathroom??? Okay that one is on another level!

Good to see you still blogging :-)

36 INCHES OF BROWN LEGS said...

ok i confess i am one of those bathroom peeps, ive been known to study in d bathroom during exams!! lol. i know dat sounds drastic but hey it worked na!!tried to cal u yesterday babes, how r u?

My 2 cents said...

Love clean bathrooms. I will sit in awe of a clean bathroom and hope no one messes it up. That's why I love 6 stars suite bathrooms tres' fabulous!!

shhhh said...

damn ive done a few things but carrying a laptop to the bathroom is a def NO NO!

Anonymous said...

didnt know u had another blog!!yay!!!lol i hate bathrooms...other peoples but not mine!i like my own!lol laptop inside public toilet!!!pple are weird..last week while in d bathroom of a mall ..i passed by a cubicle and i saw thru the small openings by d side, a woman reading newspaper..are u mad!in a public toilet!