Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Just stuff on my mind...........


  • May i first of all say that i want these shoes....Dont remember what website i saw them on so that might be a problem...But i want these shoes
  • The Olympics are here again. Unbelievable really...But i am so looking forward to it. The last time the Olympics rolled round, i was still in Chicago. We had a massive TV in the common room area and i would get away from work, sit on the comfy chairs there and watch a few minutes of whatever event was on...and then back to work. This time..i dont know. I am mad excited about it. A chance to see the athletes from all over the world try to do their countries proud. Nigeria of course will have some presence in soccer, wrestling, track and field, boxing and maybe weight lifting. Maybe. As usual, i will holler and scream for my people all the while knowing we dont have access to the colorless undetectable steroids required to win events....Oops..did i just say that? I will also have my hussy hat on to ooooooooogle the men in the super skimpy outfits - swimming (those long torsos and the trunks hung super low - Michael Phelps anyone?), the sprinters running towards my tv screen with those lycra, super stretchy ensembles hugging every hot inch of their finely tuned bodies -sometimes, these young men dont pack their goodies properly and there is some flapping action but hey....its all good, some of these men with better accessories than i have - with the earrings, chains, sunglasses, swaggers (Jeremy Warner and the whole damned American & Jamaican male squad - HOTNESS). Those Eastern European gymnasts who are long and lean and who are typically not my type but their flexibility and dexterity have me second guessing myself. Those beautiful over made up gymnasts rolling around on the mats and throwing their bodies into high heavens, breastless, period less young women who have worked so damned hard for so long that their bodies are out of whack, whether they are twirling those ribbon like thingies, or swinging their legs yakata all over the horse...Ish. The beautiful ice skaters that take music and do their thing on sliver thin skates and perform things like the triple axle jump and stuff...they almost bring me to tears - so beautiful are their movements, those synchornized swimmers that make me realise that my ability to float is nothing. Let me not forget the moments of sadness - the falls, the stumbles..ah....Yes. The Olympics are here again. And i shall watch these athletes from around the world, a lot of them younger than i am - afterall in the sports world - someone my age would be introduced as the veteran 28 year old...i shall watch them from the comfort of a couch, sipping on some water or diet coke, munching on some suya or something, all the while promising myself that my diet and exercise regime must be ramped up so i can look streamlined and sinewy and muscly like the athletes i watch...Yes fun times are about to begin
  • So the Obama train is still on. I watch with disbelief frankly. Hmmm....Never thought it would happen. Dont buy the whole Obama for change thing.,...Cant be bothered to get tooo worked up about it cos i am not an American citizen, cant vote and still have to face the very rude people at Walter Carrington....Ish. Seriously though, I am amazed at this phenomenon. Is he being touted or is he so popular because of his race? What does he really stand for? My edition of Time magazine last week shows him beginning to do the politician's dance of backpeddling on some statements.....Interesting though
  • If you love music, i beg you, urge you to grab a copy of Angelique Kidjo's Djin Djin. Fabulous stuff. Truly amazing
  • Still in love, still giddy, still deliriously happy and sharing some big news soon....

Off to catch up on some blogs now.............


7 comments:

Jennifer A. said...

Can't wait to hear the upcoming big news...

Ooooohhhh...so we're alike in our love for the Olympics. I love looking at the athletes (track) just as they are about to take off...I start imagining that each of them must have a story to tell, about their preparations towards such a great event...and yes, I do envy their built bodies (and shake my head at the out-of-whack bodies of the women).

And oh, yes...ice skating almost brings me to tears as well...*sigh*...beautiful...

Jennifer A. said...

Those shoes are OFF-THE-HIZZLE! :)

Ayomipo Matthew Edinger said...

"Still in love, still giddy, still deliriously happy"...the story of my life these days...we do have something in common...hi uzo, miss your online presence so much...well not so much, really...lol...cos am preoccupied with her these days....

Anonymous said...

Smiling.... I miss u so much mama

Mamarita said...

The Olympics....I hate sports but anything with young men with nice bodies is not sports and I can watch :)
My favorite competition though is synchronized swimming, something about it excites me.

P.S. I'm waiting for this "news" as in peeing in my pants, cutting myself with my nails, eating my shoelaces sort of waiting

TMinx said...

News was all I got from this post lol. Just kidding. I've been watching the heats (at least I think it is..who knows) on Tv here and its interesting to just sit and watch people do things I would love to do but can't lol.

MOT said...

OMG! I have those shoes lol